Orthodontics for Children
At Innovative Family Dentistry we believe the best time to evaluate your child for orthodontic care is between the ages of five and seven. At this age if we see orthodontic problems we know will not get better over time, we can initiate a very simple treatment utilizing Ortho-Tain appliances. This is a tremendous tool that will save you time and money, and provide better treatment because guiding the teeth into the correct positons as well as attaining the natural expansion of the jaws to correct much of the crowding reducing the needs for any extractions of permanent teeth.
Advantages of early treatment are:
- Correct and guide the growth of your child's jaw to help the permanent teeth come in straight
- Regulate the width of the upper and lower arches
- Create more space for crowded teeth
- Avoid the need for permanent tooth extractions later in life
- Correct thumb sucking and help improve minor speech problems
- BUT MOSTLY AVOID THE HASSLE AND COST OF BRACES!
For parents, it's not always easy to know if your child may need orthodontic treatment.
Here are a few things to look for that may mean your child needs to seen for orthodontic care at a young age-5 years is ideal.
- be No space between the front baby teeth at five to seven years of age
- Deep bite at five to seven years-lower front teeth not visible when biting
- Early or late loss of baby teeth
- A hard time chewing or biting food
- Mouth breathing
- Finger or thumb sucking
- Crowded, misplaced, or blocked teeth
- Jaws that pop or make sounds when opening and closing
- Teeth that come together abnormally, or do not come together at all
- Jaws and teeth that are not proportionate to the rest of the face
Early treatment is a one time possibility and provides amazing treatment at a reduced cost-Call now for a free consultation and panoramic x-ray ($120 value) with Dr Maltsberger
Orthodontics for Teens
Braces, retainers, and everything else that you want to know about orthodontics!
Braces! What now?
Don't worry! Braces aren't nearly as scary as you may think. In fact, braces today come in a variety of styles, materials, and colors, making life with braces much easier, more comfortable, and even more stylish than in the past.
How long will I have to wear braces?
The amount of time it takes to treat your smile with braces depends on three key factors:
- What needs correction — The amount of treatment needed to correct a problem will determine how long the process takes. Different patients react to treatments differently. While it may take one patient only 12 months to complete treatment, it may take another patient 24 months. Treatment times can vary depending on how quickly your body responds and how much work is needed to give you the show-stopping smile you expect.
- YOU! — Your willingness to be a part of the team and do your part plays a major role in the length of time it takes to complete your treatment.
Braces Your Way!
Our practice offers a variety of braces, types and styles, to choose from. Some common options include:
- Ceramic braces
- Traditional metal braces
- Clear aligners
Call us now for a free consultation and panoramic x-ray ($120 value) with Dr Maltsberger.
Orthodontics for Adults
Orthodontic treatment is no longer just for teens. In fact, the American Orthodontic Society states that one in five orthodontic patients is over the age of 21. Many adults are choosing to receive treatment because they understand the importance of maintaining their health, and they want to feel better about their appearance. Adults everywhere are taking advantage of the opportunity to receive orthodontic care, and now you can too.
Common reasons why adults consider orthodontic treatment:
- A bad bite or malocclusion, causing teeth to fit together incorrectly
- Teeth are crowded or spaced apart, possibly causing tooth decay or gum disease
- Abnormal jaw pain, or pressure that is caused by crooked teeth
- Desire for a healthier mouth and a more confident smile
Treatment options for adults
For many adults, the thought of having metal braces is enough to discourage them from receiving treatment. However, today's orthodontic treatment options offer a variety of braces and appliances that are comfortable, esthetic, and customized to meet your needs. Types of braces include:
- White braces with white wires
- Invisible braces or clear aligners
- Removable retainers that come in and out
- Traditional braces
- Straight teeth are healthy teeth — Teeth that are properly aligned are easier to keep clean with flossing and brushing, and may help prevent other health problems.
- A beautiful, straight smile builds confidence — Orthodontic treatment can help boost your self-confidence, giving you a better quality of life and the freedom to smile without holding back!
- Mouths left untreated can get worse — Not receiving orthodontic treatment when it's needed can create long-term health issues costing you more in the end.
Set up a free consultation and panoramic x-ray ($120 value) with Dr. Maltsberger
Call us-You deserve the smile that can change everything-do it today!