FAQs about Cosmetic Dentistry
What is cosmetic dentistry, and how is it different from general dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry combines both artistic skill and careful planning to give you a exactly what you want. Dr Maltsberger was voted "TopDentist" by his Oklahoma peers in 2018. This area is one of his passions in dentistry!
Common cosmetic treatments include:
- Teeth whitening-now with state of the art in office bleaching w no sensitivity!
- Diagnostic wax ups so that you can see what the final result will look like before we begin
- 6th generation all porcelain crowns with no black lines, transluscent and impossible to tell from natural teeth
- Implant based beautiful restorations if you are missing teeth-all done right in our Oologah office!
- Tooth colored fillings
- Precision Partials if you are missning multiple teeth-no metal will show.
- Careful and thorough planning with costs discussed prior to any treatment
Why should I see a cosmetic dentist?
Our dentists at Innovative Family Dentistry have been trained to safely and effectively provide a variety of treatments that are designed to enhance your smile. If you have missing teeth, you feel that your teeth are crooked, or you're an adult looking for an alternative to braces, a cosmetic dentist can help you achieve the beautiful smile you've always wanted.
How long will each cosmetic treatment take?
Just as every smile we treat is unique, so are the treatments we provide. While cosmetic treatment times may vary, some treatments are completed within one office visit.
Will my insurance cover cosmetic dental care?
Insurance coverage and out-of-pocket expenses for cosmetic treatment vary. Our practice will work with you to provide several different treatment options, and we will do all the work to maximize your insurance benefits! You will know all of your treatment costs up-front and we can customize a payment plan fsuited to your needs and your budget.
Am I a good candidate for teeth whitening?
Patients who see the most improvement are those that have discolored teeth, the darker they are the more change you will see. Bleaching is the most cosmetic procedure available in dentistry today. You have nearly total control to get your teeth color you want!
Are there any side effects with teeth whitening?
Teeth whitening is a safe, effective procedure, and does not typically include any negative side effects. Minor side effects may consist of:
- Increased tooth sensitivity to hot or cold
- Our cutting edge in office treatment causes very small if any sensitivity-in 45 minutes your teeth will be 4-6 shades lighter.
- We also provide home bleaching kits with everything you need. Only requires 30 minutes of bleaching per day and in 2-4 weeks you will have a lot of compiments on your new smile!